Current Page Path
Browse results for: Dictionaries in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 5 of 5
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Free online version with audio word pronunciations. Includes grammatical usage and etymologies with definitions.
- Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary
Online version of the largest, most comprehensive American dictionary of the English language.
- Oxford English Dictionary (Third Edition)
Current web version of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language, with historical quotations.
- Oxford Reference: Bilingual Dictionaries
Combined access to 18 concise and pocket sized bilingual dictionaries published by Oxford University Press.
Online version of Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus (3rd ed.).
1 - 29 of 29
- Acronyms, Initialisms, and Abbreviations Dictionary
Provides definitions of a wide variety of acronyms, initialisms, abbreviations and similar contractions, translating them into their ...
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians
Provides more than 15,000 biographies of musicians spanning the medieval ages to the present.
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Popular Musicians since 1990
An A-Z biographical reference that focuses on individual artists and groups in all popular styles active from 1990 to the present.
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek (Montanari Online)
Online version of the English translation of the essential modern dictionary for Ancient Greek
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides searchable online access to the 16th (2010) and 15th (2003) editions of the standard style manual, as well as a downloadable ...
- Concise Medical Dictionary
Contains over 12,000 clear and concise entries written by a team of medical experts.
- Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music
Derived from the classic Oxford Dictionary of Music, this concise edition has over 14,000 entries on musical terms from allegro to zingaro.
- DARE: Dictionary of American Regional English
An online edition of the Dictionary of American Regional English
- Database of Latin Dictionaries
Collected, searchable online versions of important Latin dictionaries.
- Dictionary of Old English
Dictionary of the Old English language.
- Dictionary of Old English Corpus
Online database consisting of at least one copy of every surviving Old English text.
- E-korean studies (한국학 데이터베이스)
Provides resources in the field of Korean studies, covering all academic disciplines such as arts and humanities, social sciences, ...
- Le Grand Ricci Online
A comprehensive Chinese-French dictionary
- Grand Robert Dictionary
The complete version of Le Grand Robert de la langue française in its latest edition: 86 000 articles, 100 000 words, 350 000 meanings, ...
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online
Cross-searchable collection of 11 Includes 11 dictionaries containing 20.000 entries in 150 languages.
Currently 70 full-text databases are available. Provides broad coverage of primary resources on Korean Studies. Developed by Nuri Media.
- Mediae Latinitatis Lexicon Minus Online
Online version of the concise dictionary of medieval Latin, an essential reference for European history.
- Michigan Early Modern English Materials
The Materials consist of citations collected for the modal verbs and certain other English words for the Early Modern English Dictionary.
- Middle English Dictionary
This electronic version of the MED preserves the details of the print MED, but goes beyond this, by converting its contents into a database.
- Online Index to Hatcher Graduate Library Reference Books
Searchable full text index to 7,500 print reference works shelved in the Hatcher Graduate Library.
- Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon
Online version, revised and updated, of the Oxford University Press printed dictionary.
- Oxford Dictionary of Dance
The Oxford Dictionary of Dance offers wide coverage of dancers, choreographers, teachers, composers, technical terms, major works, ...
- Oxford Dictionary of Music
Provides over 12,000 entries and covers musical subjects of all kinds in an authoritative and accessible way.
- Oxford Duden German Dictionary
A German-English/English-German dictionary with comprehensive coverage of the general vocabulary of contemporary German and English.
- Oxford English Dictionary (Second Edition)
Previous (1989) edition of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language. (Superceded by new third edition.)
- Oxford Reference: Classical Studies
Full text of several classical studies encyclopedias and dictionaries from Oxford University Press.
- Samuel Johnson's Dictionary of the English Language
This resource includes the full text of both the 1755 and the 1773 editions of A Dictionary of the English Language by Samuel Johnson.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG): A Digital Library of Greek Literature
A searchable database of all Greek texts from Homer to A.D. 600.
- Visual Thesaurus
Dictionary/thesaurus providing graphical way to view & explore relationships among words & their meanings.