Current Page Path
Browse results for: British and Irish Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 10 of 10
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text (EBSCO)
Historical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world ...
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Early English EEBO contains digital facsimile page images of works printed between 1473 and 1700.
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
An authoritative guide to what has been written about British and Irish history from the Roman period to the present day.
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers
The present digital collection, that helps chart the development of the concept of 'news' and 'newspapers' and the "free ...
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers
Collection contains full runs of 48 newspapers specially selected by the British Library to best represent nineteenth century Britain. ...
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online - Text Creation Partnership (ECCO-TCP)
The ECCO collection consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalogue between 1701 and 1800.
- Empire Online
Over 60,000 images of original manscripts related to Empire Studies sourced from libraries and archives around the world.
- English Short Title Catalogue (British Library)
The 'English Short Title Catalogue' (ESTC) is a comprehensive, international union catalogue listing early books, serials, newspapers ...
- Iter: Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
Includes index to citations from more than 1,600 scholarly journals in all areas of Medieval and Renaissance studies (400-1700). Also ...
- Periodicals Index Online
Indexes over 7,000 arts, humanities & social science journals, from their first issues through 2000.
1 - 60 of 60
- Archive of Celtic-Latin Literature
A full-text database of the corpus of Latin literature produced in Celtic-speaking Europe from the period 400-1200 A.D.
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
- Asia and the West: Diplomacy and Cultural Exchange
Digital archive of records documenting U.S. and British relations with a variety of Asian Nations.
- biab: British and Irish Archaeological Bibliography
Database contains publications "on archaeology and the historic environment, historic buildings, maritime and industrial ...
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- Brill's Medieval Reference Library Online
Online encyclopedias of Medieval Pilgrimage, Medieval Chronicle, Medieval Dress and Textiles of the British Isles
- British Manuscripts Project
The British Manuscripts Project: a checklist of the microfilms prepared in England and Wales for ACLS, 1941-1945.
- British Newspapers 1600-1950
Cross searches 17th-18th Century Burney Collection, 19th Century British Library Newspapers, and British Newspapers III (1780-1950).
- British Online Archives
Online archive of documents related to British history.
- British Politics and Society
Digital archive that documents the development of urban centers and the restructuring of society during the Industrial Revolution.
- British Theatre, Music, and Literature: High and Popular Culture
Digital archive of primary sources related to the arts in the Victorian era.
- C19: The Nineteenth Century Index
C19 is a bibliography for 19th-century research
- Cold War Intelligence Online: The Secret War Between the U.S. and the USSR, 1945-1991
Collection of declassified government documents covering the espionage activities of the U.S. intelligence community during the Cold War.
- Colonial America
Digitized collection of all 1,450 volumes of the CO 5 series of Colonial Office files held at the UK National Archives.
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Office.
- The Court Rolls of Ramsey, Hepmangrove and Bury, 1268-1600
The court rolls are records of court proceedings that occurred between 1268-1600.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive (1896-2004)
Complete Daily Mail archive from 1896-2004.
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
The Dictionary of Irish Biography, a collaborative project between Cambridge University Press and the Royal Irish Academy, is the most ...
- Early Canadiana Online
Early Canadiana Online (ECO) is a full text online collection of more than 3,000 books and pamphlets documenting Canadian history from ...
- Early English Books Online - Text Creation Partnership (EEBO-TCP)
The Early English Books Online corpus consists of the works represented in the English Short Title Catalog I and II.
- Economist Historical Archive 1843-2011
A complete searchable archive of every issue of The Economist from 1843 to four years ago, with full-color images, multiple search ...
- Economist Intelligence Unit
Online access to EIU publications and reports including China Hand, Country Briefings, Country Commerce, Country Finance, Country ...
- Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports 1952 – 1995
Country level data from the EIU from 1952-1995 for nearly 200 countries
- EIU Country Indicators
Economic, demographic, consumption and industry data on 60 major markets worldwide. Includes historic and forecast data on over 250 ...
- Encyclopedia of India
A four-volume survey of the history, cultures, geography and religions of India from ancient times to the present day. Includes more ...
- English Heritage Archives
Database of over one million catalogue entries describing photographs, plans, and drawings of England's buildings and historic sites.
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
Digital archive of rare British Romantic-era writing contained in the Corvey Collection.
- First World War Poetry Digital Archive
The First World War Poetry Digital Archive is an online repository of over 4000 items of text, images, audio, and video for teaching, ...
- Guardian and Observer, 1791-2003
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfiles of The Guardian, 1821-2003 (published in Manchester, England) and The Observer, ...
- Hengwrt Chaucer Digital Facsimile
Digital Facsimile of the Hengwrt Chaucer (edited by Estelle Stubbs)
- HeritageQuest Online
Resources for historical & genealogical research on the US & Canada: US census, books, PERSI, war & freedmen's records.
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
Includes over 200,000 House of Commons sessional papers from 1715 to the present, with supplementary material back to 1688. HCPP ...
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- Hyperbibliography of Middle English
The HyperBibliography includes all the Middle English materials which are cited in the Middle English Dictionary.
- Illustrated London News
A full facsimile run of the illustrated newspaper, 1842-2003. Includes over 260,000 pages, including specials and presentation pieces.
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Irish Times, 1859-2012
Digitized versions of The Irish Times (1859-2012) and the Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958).
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- LexisNexis Academic
Provides full-text access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information, including hundreds of U.S. and foreign ...
- Library PressDisplay
Access to issues from the last 60 days of over 300 newspapers from around the world. The newspapers include the same content and are in ...
- Mass Observation Online
Digital archive of Mass Observation, a social research organisation that recorded life in Britain, 1937-1967.
- Medieval Realms
Medieval Realms is a comprehensive collection of original source material for the Middle Ages in Britain.
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
Digital primary source collections of the long nineteenth century.
- The Nixon Years, 1969-1974
Digital collection of documents covering Richard Nixon's presidency from a British, Commonwealth, & European perspective.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Concise articles on noteworthy people from the British Commonweath who are no longer living.
- Oxford English Dictionary (Third Edition)
Current web version of the most complete and authoritative dictionary of the English language, with historical quotations.
- PAIS International: Public Affairs Information Service
Contains references to nearly 2 million journal articles and other resources on public affairs and public policy worldwide.
- Palmer's Index to The Times (1790-1905) (DLPS version)
Brief citations to articles that appeared in The Times (London) (1790-1905).
- Picture Post Historical Archive
The complete archive of the Picture Post from its first issue in 1938 to its last in 1957 - all digitized from originals in full ...
- Prize Papers Online
Digitized interrogation records and cargo inventories from ships seized by British privateers, 1592-1855.
Combined access to all ProQuest databases, covering many different fields and full text articles.
- Scotsman, 1817-1950
Digitized version of the Scotsman (Great Britain) newspaper, 1817-1950
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Soldier in Later Medieval England
Database of soldiers in English royal armies between 1369 and 1453. Transcribed from the muster rolls and other sources, the database ...
- State Papers Online, 1509-1782
State Papers Online, 1509-1782 is a searchable archive of 16th-, 17th- and 18th-century State Papers, Domestic and Foreign
- Times Digital Archive
Online backfile of The Times newspaper of London, England, covering 1785 to 2006.
- Times of India, 1861-2006
Searchable access to the backfile of The Times of India, in full page images digitized from microfilm.
- Virginia Company Archives
Digital collection of documents relating to the founding & economic development of Virginia.
- Waterloo Directory of English Periodicals and Newspapers, 1800-1900
Provides detailed information about 19th-Century English periodicals and newspapers
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
Wellesley is an index to the authorship of articles, and a bibliography of articles written by each contributor, and using each ...