Current Page Path
Browse results for: Archives and Manuscripts in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 6 of 6
- Archive Finder
A database listing over 200,000 manuscript and other special collections at thousands of repositories in the U.S., U.K. and Ireland.
A guide to historical records, personal papers, and family histories held in archives around the world. Contains nearly a million ...
- Bentley Historical Library Finding Aids
The University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library EAD Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- William L. Clements Library Manuscripts Division Finding Aids
The William L. Clements Library EAD Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories for manuscript collections.
- U of M Papyrus Collection
Includes links to the Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS), an integrated virtual library of papyri
Over 62 million records describing books, periodicals, sound recordings, videos, musical scores, archival materials, maps, electronic ...
1 - 70 of 70
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (DLPS version)
Collections-based repository hosting information about and images of papyrological materials (e.g., papyri, ostraca, wood tablets, etc.).
- American Book Prices Current
American Book Prices Current is an annual record of books, manuscripts, autographs, maps and broadsides sold at auction.
- Anarchism Pamphlets in the Labadie Collection
The pamphlets currently digitized comprise a very small part of a much larger collection of pamphlets owned by the Labadie Collection.
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Archive of Celtic-Latin Literature
A full-text database of the corpus of Latin literature produced in Celtic-speaking Europe from the period 400-1200 A.D.
- Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids
Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories for archival records at the Archives.
- Archives of the Church of Uganda (TRIAL)
Valuable source for the early history of Uganda documenting the Church of the Province of Uganda from the 1880s to the early 1980s
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
The Atharvaveda came to be known as one of the four Indian Vedas and is one of the most significant and influential ancient Indian texts.
- British Manuscripts Project
The British Manuscripts Project: a checklist of the microfilms prepared in England and Wales for ACLS, 1941-1945.
- Broadway Park
The Broadway Park Redesign Project was a partnership of the UM Arts of Citizenship Program and City of Ann Arbor Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- Brut Chronicle
The medieval prose Brut is a chronicle of England named after its first hero, Brutus, a descendent of Aeneas and the founder of Britain.
- Bulletin of the American Society of Papyrologists
The Bulletin of the American Society of Papyrologists is the official journal of the American Society of Papyrologists.
- Catena: Digital Archive of Historic Gardens & Landscapes
Searchable collection of historic and contemporary images of landscape design centered on the Italian Villa.
- China: Trade, Politics and Culture 1793-1980
Collection of English language sources detailing China's interaction with the West.
- Civil War Diaries
This was launched in 2007 with 8 diaries of men with connections to Michigan or the Midwest.
- CJH Digital Collections
An online multimedia catalog of materials documenting Jewish culture and history from across the globe. The catalog currently contains ...
- Clarke Historical Library Online Finding Aids
This EAD Finding Aids site of the Clarke Historical Library at CMU provides access to finding aids for archival records and manuscripts.
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
Digital collection of documents issued by the British Foreign and Colonial Office.
- Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse
A collection of Middle English texts including Chaucer's Canterbury Tales & Troilus and Criseyde, and Langland's Piers Plowman.
- The Court Rolls of Ramsey, Hepmangrove and Bury, 1268-1600
The court rolls are records of court proceedings that occurred between 1268-1600.
- Digital National Security Archive (DNSA)
Contains themed collections of over 80,000 declassified and FOIA'd documents that led to U.S. policy decisions.
- Eighteen Nation Committee on Disarmament
This collection includes the verbatim transcripts of the meetings of the ENDC.
- FIAF Documentation Collections
Contains comprehensive information about the world's foremost archives, libraries, and educational institutions dedicated to the ...
- FIAF Treasures from Film Archives
Contains credits and holdings information for more than 40,500 silent-era films (both features and short films, and both documentaries ...
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
- Foreign Office Files for China, 1919-1980
- Global Commodities: Trade, Exploration, and Cultural Exchange
Collection of digitized manuscript & visual primary source material for the study of global commodities in world history.
- Hamparzoum Arzoumanian Papers, 1896-1910
Hamparzoum Arzoumanian Archives in the Special Collections Library of the University of Michigan.
- Hengwrt Chaucer Digital Facsimile
Digital Facsimile of the Hengwrt Chaucer (edited by Estelle Stubbs)
- History Vault Immigration
Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service 1880-1930; Voices from Ellis Island: an Oral History of American Immigration
- Images from Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
The collection spans some ten centuries of Western illumination, and contains manuscripts from all the major schools, including some of ...
- Life Photo Archive
Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, stretching from the 1750s to today. Most were never published and are now ...
- Lincoln Highway Digital Image Collection
Images of the Lincoln Highway (construction, views, bridges, etc.) from the University Library Special Collections.
- London Provisioner's Chronicle, 1150-1563
This website features images of the original manuscript (severely damaged in a 1731 fire), a transcript of the original with additional ...
- Making of Ann Arbor Text Collection
The Making of Ann Arbor is a public collection of resources on the history and development of the Ann Arbor community.
- Making of Modern Michigan
The Making of Modern Michigan is a collaborative project involving more than 50 Michigan libraries. It includes local history materials ...
- Mass Observation Online
Digital archive of Mass Observation, a social research organisation that recorded life in Britain, 1937-1972.
- Medieval Realms
Medieval Realms is a comprehensive collection of original source material for the Middle Ages in Britain.
- Michigan Historical Collections Web Archives
Provides access to past versions of web sites of historically-significant organizations and institutions in Michigan.
- Michigan Law School History Collection
The Michigan Law School History Collection is comprised of resources relating to the history of the University of Michigan Law School.
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 1: Pioneer Orientalists
Collection of 303 digital Arabic manuscript volumes from Leiden University Library
- Middle Eastern Manuscripts Online 2: The Ottoman Legacy of Levinus Warner
Collection of 140 volumes of Arabic, Persian, and Turskish manuscripts totaling 45,809 pages from the Leiden University Library.
- MLibrary Finding Aids
The University of Michigan Library's Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- Moving Image Archive [Internet Archive]
An archive of high-quality downloadable movie data files free of most use restrictions, many licensed with Creative Commons Licenses. ...
- Muschenheim Digital Archive
Photographs and drawings of William Muschenheim's architectural work.
- The Nixon Years, 1969-1974
Digital collection of documents covering Richard Nixon's presidency from a British, Commonwealth, & European perspective.
- NYPL Digital Gallery
NYPL Digital Gallery provides access to over 550,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of ...
- Poetry Here and Then
A sampling of the papers of Michigan poets from various collections housed at the Bentley Historical Library.
- Polar Bear Expedition Digital Materials
This collection contains digitized manuscripts and photographs as well as maps and primary sources relating to the Polar Bear Expedition.
“PolicyArchive is an innovative, new digital archive of global, non-partisan public policy research. It makes use of the power, e ...
- Primary Sources in U.S. History: Guides to Microforms
An index to numerous microfilm collections of primary documents on U.S. history.
- Radical Scatters
Radical Scatters is a collection containing Emily Dickinson's late fragments and related texts.
- Rosenberg Letters
The 105 letters in this collection document the experience of a German Jewish family before, during and after WWII.
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 52,000 digitized video interviews with holocaust survivors. Interviewees are primarily Jewish ...
- Silent Film Still Archive
An archive of original photos, advertising, and other memorabilia from silent films, and a few early sound films (especially those ...
- Simpson Islamic Manuscript Record Archive
From the UM History of Art Department, Visual Resources Collections, Islamic manuscript record archive of Dr. Mariana Shreve Simpson
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Students on Site
Students on Site is designed to use local history and geography as a site of innovative teaching and learning.
- Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center Digital Library
Includes images of approximately 4,000 Tibetan Buddhist texts.
- Transportation History Collection: Railroads
Contains a unique body of printed and visual materials on transportation technology and travel.
- Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War
1,500 periodicals, published between 1914 and the end of 1919.
- U-M Special Collections Library Finding Aids
The U-M Special Collections Library Finding Aids site provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories.
- University of Michigan Web Archives
Provides access to past versions of web sites created by U-M departments, administrative units, groups, etc.
- Vanderbilt University Television News Archive
The collection includes nightly news programs broadcast by the national television networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) since August 5, 1968, ...
- Virginia Company Archives
Digital collection of documents relating to the founding & economic development of Virginia.
- William Blake's Songs of Innocence and of Experience
This is a transcription of William Blake's Songs of Innocence and of Experience, published in London in 1794.
- William L. Clements Library Graphics Division Finding Aids
- William L. Clements Library Image Bank
A selection of materials from the William L. Clements Library's rich collection of early Americana.
- World Digital Library
Cultural treasures from around the world including rare books, manuscripts, maps, scores, and photos.