Current Page Path
Browse results for: Anthropology in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 4 of 4
- Anthropology Plus (EBSCO)
Comprehensive, international index to the literature of anthropology and archaeology.
- Web of Science
Core Collection of multidisciplinary indexes which permit searching for articles that cite a known author or work.
Archive of journals published by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), most with full text from V. 1-present.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
1 - 39 of 39
- Africa-Wide Information (EBSCO)
Africa-Wide is a combination of two well-known databases, South African Studies and African Studies, published by Ebsco.
- Alexander Street Press
Combined search platform for ASP audio and video collections
- Alexander Street Video
Thousands of streaming videos including documentaries, news and historical events, opera, dance and drama performances.
- Annual Reviews
Provides access to authoritative, analytic reviews of research in 29 focused disciplines within the Biological & Medical, Physical, and ...
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
Contains citations to western-language periodical articles and books published pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia.
- Biosis Previews
Comprehensive index to life sciences research literature. Covers journals (5000+), reports, meetings (1500+), reviews, and books in all ...
- Book Review Digest Plus
Indexes 2.8 million reviews of over 850,000 fiction and non-fiction books drawn from over 8,000 periodicals, many in full text.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection, 1832-1953
Searchable access to the backfiles of 12 English language newspapers published in China, 1832-1953.
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities
An index to the published literature of conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, etc. in social sciences & humanities.
- eHRAF World Cultures
Nearly one million pages of ethnographic texts on over 280 of the world's cultures, past and present.
- Emerging trends in the social and behavioral sciences : an interdisciplinary, searchable, and linkable resource
400+ essays on central social science topics. Highlights foundational research, cutting-edge research, and future directions for each topic.
- Encyclopedia of Humor Studies
Explores the concept of humor in history and modern society in the United States and internationally.
- Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics
Second edition of this comprehensive, 14-volume encyclopedia, with over 3,000 entries. Published in 2005.
- Ethnographic Video Online
Over 1800 streaming ethnographic documentaries and interviews of anthropologists
- Ethnologue, Languages of the World
An encyclopedia of all of the world’s known living languages.
- Filmakers Library Online
Video streaming of over 1000 documentary films previously distributed by Filmakers Library.
- Ford Collection, UM Museum of Anthropology
The Ford Collection contains human skulls collected by Dr. Corydon La Ford, during his time as Professor of Anatomy at UM Medical School.
- Handbook of Paleoanthropology
By Winfried Henke and Ian Tattersall.
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index
Provides citations drawn from more than 400 journals, primarily in Spanish or English, which cover Latin America, the Caribbean, and ...
- Humanities Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 700 periodicals in art, film, journalism, linguistics, music, performing arts, philosophy, religion, history, literature, etc.
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature)
IBZ is a multilingual bibliography that indexes over 8,700 periodicals primarily in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- Indigenous Peoples: North America
Archive of manuscripts, monographs, newspapers, periodicals and photographs on native North Americans.
- Jeffrey R. Parsons Archaeological Sites Images
The Jeffrey R. Parsons digital images are part of the Jeffrey R. Parsons collection housed at UM's Bentley Historical Library.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts
Indexes literature in linguistics and related disciplines.
- Motif-Index of Folk Literature
Subject index to folktales from around the world.
- UM Museum of Anthropology Image Database
Includes photographs from original excavations, personal collecting, reference books and magazines, as well as images of artifacts.
Uses the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) protocol to gather millions of free digital resources of all kinds from 1,100+ institutions.
- The Ojibwe People's Dictionary
Searchable Ojibwe-English dictionary with audio samples of spoken Ojibwe.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Descriptions, sometimes with full text, of doctoral dissertations & master theses from US, UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.
- Sage Research Methods
Books, journals and reference books on social science research methods. Includes methods map,
- Social Science Research Network
A repository of research in the areas of accounting, economics, Latin America, and legal scholarship.
- Social Sciences Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 625 of the most important English-language journals across all the social sciences.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
A multidisciplinary database with searchable author abstracts covering over 1700 journals in the social sciences.
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia
Contains approximately 335 signed entries providing an authoritative and thorough reference resource on anthropology theory.
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Human Evolution
Comprehensive encyclopedia of terms relating to the evolutionary history of modern humans.
Combined catalog of 360+ million items of all kinds (books, periodicals, videos, maps, etc.) in 25,000+ libraries worldwide.