Current Page Path
MLibrary Browse results for American Culture in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 7 of 7
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- America: History & Life (EBSCO)
America: History & Life is an index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to ...
- American Memory Online Collection
American Memory provides free and open access through the Internet to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving ...
- American Indian History Online
This database provides access to more than 5,000 years of culture, history, and leaders. 320+ Native American groups are presented ...
- Making of America (MOA) Journals
A full-text digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States: 1600-2000
Primary documents, introductory essays, and a definitive bibliography on the involvement of women in social movements.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Complete full-text backfiles of 20 U.S. and 31 international English-language newspapers.
1 - 77 of 77
- Abraham Lincoln Association Serials
Abraham Lincoln Association's fifty-two issues of The Abraham Lincoln Quarterly.
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- American FactFinder
Population, housing and economic census data from ongoing surveys including American Community Survey
- American History in Video
American History in Video will contain over 5700 documentary films and newsreels of significant events in US history.
- American Indian Histories and Culture
Full text database of manuscripts, artwork, and rare printed books.
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- American National Biography
Profiles of more than 18,000 men and women from all eras and walks of American life who have influenced and shaped American history and ...
- American Song
Provides streaming access to more than 120,000 audio tracks of American music.
- American West
A primary source database that includes manuscripts, maps, broadsides, and a variety of ephemeral works.
- American Women's History Online
Biographies, historical and topical subject entries, speeches and other documents, maps and charts, photographs, and timelines that ...
- Ann Arbor Postcards
The Making of Ann Arbor Postcard collection is comprised of 260 online images.
- Archive of Americana
Combined access to six databases containing full text of historical American books, newspapers & periodicals.
- Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids
Archives of Michigan Online Finding Aids provides access to finding aids or descriptive inventories for archival records at the Archives.
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Bibliography of Native North Americans
TRIAL: Provides citations to articles and books relating to all aspects of native North American culture and history.
- Civil War Diaries
This was launched in 2007 with 8 diaries of men with connections to Michigan or the Midwest.
- Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln
In 1953, the Abraham Lincoln Association published The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln.
- Contemporary American Religion
More than 500 articles cover the broad range of popular religious culture of the United States at the close of the twentieth century. ...
- DARE: Dictionary of American Regional English
An online edition of the Dictionary of American Regional English
- Detroit Free Press Index
Searchable index of most articles published in the Detroit Free Press from 1831-1922 and from 1999-present. Provides citation and first ...
- Detroit Free Press, 1831-1922
Digitized version of the Detroit Free Press 1831-1922
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800 & Series I: Supplement
Page images and searchable full-text of Early American Imprints, Series I Evans & Series I Supplement.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
Searchable and browseable database of over 9,000 images from advertising in late 19th and early 20th c. America. The images are taken ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History
The Encyclopedia is a 5-volume set and a supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Society
This two-volume reference work details the ways in which the tenets and foundations of African American culture have given rise to ...
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
Essays by subject experts treat concepts and doctrines, policymaking, commerce and science, human rights and arms control, with ...
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration
Encyclopedia of American Immigration traces the scope and sweep of U.S. immigration from the earliest colonial settlements to the ...
- Encyclopedia of American Religions
Contains general essays that historically trace the major religious families and traditions, as well as directory listings that include ...
- Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America
The Encyclopedia of Civil Rights in America is a comprehensive reference source on human and civil rights in the US.
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History in America
A three-volume survey of more than 400 years of lesbian and gay history and culture in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of Recreation and Leisure in America
A two-volume survey of the pursuit of leisure in the United States, from Colonial to modern times, presented through 271 alphabetically ...
- Evans Early American Imprint Collection - Text Creation Partnership (Evans-TCP)
The Evans collection consists of the works represented in the American Bibliography by Charles Evans.
- The First World War: Personal Experiences and Propaganda
Full-text primary source database of source material for the study of the First World War.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
152 original essays on specific minority and ethnic groups in the U.S. covering culture, history, settlement patterns, etc.
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
Designed to answer such key questions as: How has the U.S. Constitution shaped the economy of the United States? What were the ...
- Godey's Lady's Book 1830-1898
Under the editorship of Sarah Josepha Hale, Godey's Lady's Book (1830-1898) became one of the most influential U.S. women's magazines ...
- HeritageQuest Online
Provides access to 5 resources useful for historical & genealogical research on the US & Canada: 1) photoreproductions of the original ...
- History Vault Immigration
Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service 1880-1930; Voices from Ellis Island: an Oral History of American Immigration
- Index to Current Urban Documents
Guide to the reports and research that are generated by local government agencies, civic organizations, academic and research ...
- Indigenous Peoples: North America
Archive of manuscripts, monographs, newspapers, periodicals and photographs on native North Americans.
- Jazz Music Library
Streaming audio of over 130,000 recordings of every jazz genre and time period, featuring jazz artists from around the world.
- Library PressDisplay
Access to issues from the last 60 days of over 300 newspapers from around the world. The newspapers include the same content and are in ...
- Lincoln Monographs
This growing collection of monographs contains over a century of scholarship on Lincoln's life and times.
- Literary Research Guide: An Annotated Listing of Reference Sources in English Literary Studies (5th Edition)
An electronic edition of James Harner's guide to reference sources in English literary studies.
- Making of America (MOA)
A full-text digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
- Making of Ann Arbor Text Collection
The Making of Ann Arbor is a public collection of resources on the history and development of the Ann Arbor community.
- Making of Modern Michigan
The Making of Modern Michigan is a collaborative project involving more than 50 Michigan libraries. It includes local history materials ...
- Michigan Historical Collections Web Archives
Provides access to past versions of web sites of historically-significant organizations and institutions in Michigan.
Provides performing arts news and databases of contact information.
- Native American Archives
TRIAL: Original historical documents pertaining to Native American history and life from the 18th through the 20th century
- New Yorker
Online access to all issues of one of the premier literary-intellectual magazines in the English language.
- The Ojibwe People's Dictionary
Searchable Ojibwe-English dictionary with audio samples of spoken Ojibwe.
High-quality films of full-length performances by some of today’s most provocative artists working in dance, theater, and music.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America, 2nd ed.
Covers the significant events, inventions, and social movements in American history that have affected the way Americans view, prepare, ...
- Pictorial History of Ann Arbor
The Pictorial History of Ann Arbor collection includes over 400 historical images of Ann Arbor from 1824 to 1974.
- Polk's Detroit City Directory
Fully digitized version of the 1929 Detroit City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Company.
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- Public Ledger (Philadelphia), 1836-1876
Searchable online edition of the Public Ledger from Philadelphia (1836-1876)
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research is one of the world's leading archives of social science data, specializing in data from ...
Rotunda is a digital collection of critical and documentary editions.
- Saline Area Historical Photos
Searchable collection of over 700 photographs of Saline, Michigan.
- Saline Historic Homes
Saline Historic Homes is a collection of photos of historic structures in Saline, Michigan built up to 1944.
- Saline Valley Farms Photographs
Searchable collection of Saline Valley Farms photographs.
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: Sports Figures
A two-volume biographical resource for professional sports figures. Presents over 600 entries covering a who's who of American sports, ...
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s
A two-volume biographical resource for key individuals of the 1960s. Presents 500 entries describing Americans who defined the decade, ...
- Sixties: Primary Documents and Personal Narratives 1960–1974
Documents the 1960s through primary source materials such as diaries, letters, oral histories, and memorabilia.
- Smithsonian Collections Online
Archive of Smithsonian Magazine (1970-2010) and Air & Space Magazine (1986-2010)
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Students on Site
Students on Site is designed to use local history and geography as a site of innovative teaching and learning.
- University of Michigan, an Encyclopedic Survey
The University of Michigan, An Encyclopedic Survey is a rich and particularly detailed source for the history of the university.
- University of Michigan, Proceedings of the Board of Regents
These are the permanent historical record of actions taken by the University of Michigan Board of Regents.
- Victorian Popular Culture: Moving Pictures, Optical Entertainments and the Advent of Cinema
Books, journals and ephermera documenting the pre- and early-cinematic years
- Vogue Archive
Online access to Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to three months ago, in high-resolution color page images.
- Women's Voices: Early Years at the University of Michigan
Womens' Voices is a collection of vividly expressed reminiscences of the earliest women students admitted to UM.
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover
- Ypsilanti Historical Society Photo Archives
Searchable collection of photographs from the Archives of the Ypsilanti Historical Society.