MLibrary Browse results for African American Studies in Databases
1 - 43 of 43
- Accessible Archives
Provides full text, searchable access to important American magazines and newspapers from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African American Almanac
Provides historical and current information on African American history, society, and culture in 28 topical chapters.
- African American Artists on Disc
A comprehensive annotated bibliography of black artists and art in the US, spanning nearly three centuries.
- African American Biographical Database
The Largest Electronic Collection of Biographical Information on African Americans - 1790-1950.
- African American Newspapers
Includes searchable full text of a number of African-American newspapers published from 1827 to 1902.
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
African American Newspapers, 1827-1998 provides online access to approximately 270 U.S. newspapers from 35 states.
- African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
Over 170 periodicals from 26 states by and about African Americans.
- African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
African American Poetry contains nearly 3,000 poems by African American poets of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- African American Years: Chronologies of American History and Experience
This chronology presents the history of African Americans from pre-colonial times to the present..
- Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922
Online collection of texts related to African American history from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
- America's Historical Newspapers
America's Historical Newspapers provides searchable digital facsimiles of thousands of titles from all 50 states. The collection ...
- American Drama 1714-1915
Containing more than 1,500 dramatic works from the colonial period to the beginning of the twentieth century, American Drama 1714–1915 i ...
- Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005).
- Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
Digital, searchable version of the Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945
- Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003).
- Baltimore African-American, 1893-1988
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile from 1893-1988. Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
- Black Drama
Contains full text of 1,200 English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 100 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Drama: Second Edition
Contains 1,460 full text English plays ca. 1850-present by more than 250 playwrights from North America, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Black Historical Newspapers
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfiles of six major African American community newspapers--Atlanta Daily World ...
- Black Short Fiction and Folklore from Africa and the African Diaspora
Approximately 8,000 works of short fiction produced by writers from Africa and the African Diaspora from the earliest times to the present.
- Black Studies Center
Black Studies Center is a fully cross-searchable gateway to historical and current material for researching the past, present and ...
- Black Studies in Video
Documentaries, newsreels, interviews and archival footage covering history, politics,sociology, art and culture.
- Black Studies on Disc [UM Terminal Services]
Information on materials by and about African Americans, Africa and peoples of African ancestry. Includes the catalog of the Schomburg ...
- Black Thought and Culture
A collection of approximately 100,000 pages of non-fiction writings by major American black leaders.
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections
Portal to the following full-text American and English literature databases: * AFRICAN AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN POETRY * AMERICAN ...
- Chicago Defender, 1909-1975
Searchable access to the backfile of The Chicago Defender, a leading African-American newspaper, available in full page images ...
- Database of African American Poetry (DLPS version)
This database contains the full-text of 54 African-American poets writing in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Database of Twentieth Century African American Poetry (DLPS version)
Modern and contemporary African American poetry includes collected poems and individual volumes.
- Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History
The Encyclopedia is a 5-volume set and a supplement covering all aspects of the African-American experience from 1619 to the present ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Education
It is primarily the formal education of the previously enslaved that this encyclopedia addresses—from preschool through professional s ...
- Encyclopedia of African American Society (SAGE)
This two-volume reference work details the ways in which the tenets and foundations of African American culture have given rise to ...
- Encyclopedia of Black Studies
The Encyclopedia of Black Studies has brought together the work of nearly 200 scholars with the objective of securing a baseline for ...
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides online access to the complete full text of over 100 reference works from Gale, Macmillan, and other publishers. Includes: ...
- HeritageQuest Online
Provides access to 5 resources useful for historical & genealogical research on the US & Canada: 1) photoreproductions of the original ...
- International Index to Black Periodicals Full Text
Provides indexing for 127 currently published scholarly and popular periodicals in Black studies, with links to full text from 40 of ...
- Oxford African American Studies Center
Combines more than 7,500 articles by scholars drawn from reference works. Includes the complete text of Africana: The Encyclopedia of ...
- Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002)
Full-text searchable access to the complete backfile of Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002).
Combined access to all ProQuest databases, covering many different fields and full text articles.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
Complete full-text backfiles of thirteen U.S. and seven international newspapers.
- Race Relations Abstracts (EBSCO)
Race Relations Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to race relations, including ethnic studies, ...
- SAGE Reference Online
A searchable collection of over 130 scholarly encyclopedias in the social sciences.
- Twentieth-Century African American Poetry (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Twentieth-Century African American Poetry is a collection of poetry written by the most important and influential African American poets.
- World Newspaper Archive
Provides full text searchable access to historical newspapers published in Africa, East Europe, Latin American and South Asia.