How to request a recall:
To get a book from another library or to request a hold being placed on a book that is currently checked out, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Mirlyn http://mirlyn.lib.umich.edu/ and login using the 'login' link in the upper right hand corner. You login information is the same as you Kerberos password unless you have set it otherwise.
2. Search Mirlyn and find the material you would like to request to be recalled.
3. In the full record, scroll down to the Holdings tab.
4. There will now be a 'Get this' button available. Click on this button.
5. Select a pickup location and enter the date that you would no longer need the material. If the material is currently checked out, you can have it held at any library. If you are requesting a book be delivered, it can not be delivered to the same library that owns it.
6. Click the 'Submit' button. Your item will be delivered to the requested library within a few days.
If your book has been recalled:
- You will receive a recall notice via e-mail or in the mail.
- The recalled book is now due on the date listed after NEW DUE DATE regardless of the date stamped in the back of the book.
- Recalled items should be returned directly to a circulation desk, or to a library drop box if the library is closed.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended if a recalled item is not returned by the new recall due date and a fine of $2.00 per day per item is assessed to all categories of borrowers who do not return a recalled book by the new date. There is no grace period.
- Library policy forbids releasing information about what other borrowers have charged out.