Directions to the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library, plus maps of the Duderstadt Center interior.
We are located in the Duderstadt Center (formerly the Media Union) on the North Campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. The street address is 2281 Bonisteel Boulevard; Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2094.
Though a map of North Campus is helpful, navigating gets complicated by one-way streets and roads that change names without warning. We recommend reading our detailed directions below. They have successfully gotten countless visitors here.
From US 23 | From Central Campus | Parking on Campus | By UM Bus
If you're unfamiliar with Ann Arbor, we strongly recommend approaching us from U.S. 23 (which intersects I-94, I-96, and many other major highways in Michigan and Ohio). If you're already on the University of Michigan's Central Campus, we can help you with that too, but the directions become a bit more complicated.
- Take U.S. 23 to the Plymouth Road exit (if you come from the north, you will follow U.S. 23/M14 combined for a bit).
- Head west on Plymouth Road to the stoplight at Plymouth and Murfin (about 2 miles).
- Turn left at Murfin onto the University of Michigan's North Campus.
- Continue on Murfin past the stop sign at Hubbard Road.
- Turn left into the Walgreen Drama Center lot near the base of the hill. (If you get to the corner of Murfin and Bonisteel Boulevard, you've gone too far.)
- From the parking lot (north the Wallgreen Drama Center), walk southeast to the Duderstadt Center (or enter the Commons and use the connector). The Duderstadt Center is a large building, with distinctive columns and skylights, directly south of the Lurie Bell Tower.
- Beginning at the corner of South University and South State Street, head north on State Street until the road ends at another tee intersection (about 1 mile -- the last stretch of road is brick).
- Turn right onto Fuller Street.
- Turn left at the T, continuing on Fuller. Continue left past the stoplight (street becomes Fuller Road).
- Turn left at the third stoplight onto Bonisteel Blvd., entering UM's North Campus.
- Take next left onto Murfin Road, turn right at the Walgreen Drama Center and go to the parking lot behind the building. (If you get to the corner of Murfin and Hubbard Road, you've gone too far.)
- From the parking lot walk southeast to the Duderstadt Center (or enter the Commons and use the connector). The Duderstadt Center is a large building, with distinctive columns and skylights, directly south of the Lurie Bell Tower.
There are several parking lots within a five to ten minute walk of the Duderstadt Center. Click here for Parking & Transportation Services maps of campus parking.
Parking lot NC27, north of the Walgreen Drama Center, and parking lot NC43, south of the Art & Architecture Building, are the closest to the Duderstadt Center. Parking fees may be paid with cash or by credit card at the Central Pay Machines at each lot.
You can also take any north-bound bus from the Central Campus (Northwood, Commuter North, Bursley-Baits, Diag to Diag, Northwood Express, or on weekends, North Campus). Get off the bus at the Pierpont Commons (Northwood, Bursley-Baits, Diag to Diag, Northwood Express, North Campus) or at the Art & Architecture Building across the street from the Commons (Commuter North). More information about the bus routes and schedules can be found here.