UM Library recently began subscribing to 2 resources that may be of interest to users at the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library.
Books24x7 is a resource from Skillsoft that includes e-books and videos in engineering and IT areas. Our subscription includes the following collections:
- EngineeringPro - "Reference material covering a wide range of engineering disciplines"
- ITPro - "ITPro provides both broad and deep coverage of over 100 different technology topics"
- IT & Desktop Instructional Videos - "Short videos, 3-5 minutes in length, covering a variety of desktop and IT topics"
Engineering Case Studies Online is a resource from Alexander Street Press that includes a variety of content to assist with the analysis and study of engineering failures. Materials in the collection include:
- Feature-length video documentaries of major failures.
- Monographs explaining cases in detail and describing key engineering concepts and issues.
- Simulations depicting precisely what went wrong.
- Primary footage of accidents, including related news segments.
- Event timelines and maps.
- Audio footage and transcripts.
- Testimonies from participants, victims, and witnesses.
- Images, accident reports, blueprints, and other key archival content whenever available.
- Bibliographies of authoritative materials from newspapers, Web sites, and journals.
- Specially written cases that explore engineering ethics.
- Air France flight 4590
- Apollo 13
- The Big Dig
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Chernobyl power plant
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig
- Ford Pinto
- Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant
- Hyatt Regency walkway
- Space shuttle Challenger
- Tacoma Narrows bridge
- TWA flight 800
If you have an feedback about either of these resources please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.