If we weren’t able to provide the scan you requested due to copyright limitations, here are some alternate options for accessing the material you need.
Receive the source material as a loan
- We can deliver a loan of the source material to your delivery location on file (regularly circulating items only).
- If you’re currently out of town, additional options apply. Please contact us at 7FAST@umich.edu or 734-647-3278 to discuss these options.
Access the source material as an eBook
- If an eBook is not currently available, you can participate in our eBook pilot program
- Available for monographs (books) only. Journal volumes aren't eligible.
- We submit a request to our e-Acquisitions department, who will attempt to purchase the title you need as an eBook
- E-Acquisitions can’t guarantee that an eBook will be available, or that it will be in a preferred format (please let us know ahead of time if you require multi-user access)
- If an eBook is available, we’ll deliver it within 3 business days
- If an eBook is not available, your 7FAST/ILL request will still be active, and we can explore other options
Options for Non-circulating Materials
- If the material you need won’t circulate and no e-resources are available, please work with a staff member at the library where the item is housed. Some items may be eligible for transfer to an alternate MLibrary branch for easier consultation.
Please contact us at 734-647-3278 or 7FAST@umich.edu to discuss these options. If there is a specific request involved, please have your transaction number available.